sexual abuse by UN peacekeepers

Okay I haven't blogged in an exceedingly long time, and now is as good a time as any to start again, seeing as I have nothing better to do than rot at home, whiling away my time doing seemingly unnecessary things but that I know, in my heart of hearts, will improve my overall well being in the long run.
Ya right.
Anyway, I just read an article about how peacekeepers, mostly from UN, have been sexually abusing children in exchange for basic goods such as food, money and soap.
Talk about the abuse of a privilege given to you to help those in need. I mean, why even partake in such charitable activities if you're gonna accompany them with acts of humiliation and moral degradation? I cannot even begin to fathom how anyone would have the heart to trick these starved people into thinking that they need to perform sexual services in exchange for basic necessities. What would possess these 'peacekeepers' into doing such things? Are they sex-deprived? In need of a power trip to boost their Jupiter-sized egoes? Whatever the reason, these UN aid workers need help of their own.
And with this, I would like to end my post with a quote,
"Charity accompanied by insult and injury is worse than no charity at all."

Comments

Popular Posts