SMUN 2006

Ok i shall blog about SMUN 2006 at NUS.
No offence to the organisers, but I didn't really see the point in going through a 3-day discussion to come to resolutions that we could've come up with without going there.
I know the point of it was for us to understand how the whole UN organisation worked, and if that's the case, I guess I'm out.
Cos it seems to me like its mainly all talk and no action.
I wanna be part of the team that actually goes to the countries and CARRIES OUT the plans.
It was mainly this conflict between the first world and third world countries, with the countries in the middle not really taking much of a stance.
But the nights were fun!
THe first night we had social nite where we played Twister (not the real one, mind you, I was in a skirt...) and we didnt exactly know what we were doing but somehow our team won anyway.
Hooray for the victors! Weee.
Haha then after the game the losers had to do a 'forfeit' which involves erotic dancing to some songs. I put forfeit in inverted commas because I'm pretty sure the guys were having a hell of a good time dancing with the host (ok la, she was quite hot) and most of the time she was doing the dancing anyway while everyone else attempted to move with her. And her dress was threatening to fall off at any moment. I swear, if she didn't keep pulling it up there would be more 'forfeit' for the guys to endure.
Yes, yes, I'm a bitch, I know...but you should've been there.
Then after that we hung out and talked for a while before going back to our rooms where me, lizzy and sabs played taiti and ate lots of junk food.
I was drinking coke at midnight! How positively unhealthy.
But it was pretty fun.
Second night lizzy and yvonne ran out on us and so it was left with me and sabs.
We were supposed to study( as if) but we ended up playing card games again (sabs claims I am seriously suaku cos I dunno the rules of blackjack) and we gambled with coins! We were making a lot of noise with one game which I kept losing...I just couldn't muster up the energy that sabs had to win the game. It required a lot of attention and screaming. Haha. But we had a lot of fun.
And we ate a LOT of JUNK again.
And we bunked together! That was funny la.
Sigh.
Lost my freaking blazer.
Dun wanna talk about it.
Shall go watch incredible tales now.

Comments

Popular Posts