donation thingey (angels come alive)

The day started out on a sour note.
Firstly, I knew once I woke up that I'll be late if I didnt take a cab to meet Amitha and Soefie.
So I hurriedly dressed ( no, actually I kinda took my time cos I knew a cab would get me there early) and left the house.
So I reached PS early and I decided to go get a snack while waiting for the two darlings.
And, (this I MUST add bcos it is concrete evidence to prove that I HAD a right to be angry with soefie) soefie msged me to ask if I would be waiting at PS or going straight to SMU.
So I told her no, I'll still be waiting for you guys at PS.
And a while later, after I've been wandering around the deserted PS and munching on my hashbrown, I receive a call.
Soefie, sounding really happy, tells me that she and Amitha just took the bus because she couldn't see me at the bus stop.
And when I asked why didn't she call me to ask me where I was, she said, "oh, you take really long to answer the phone you know."
Like, what's the relevance? I mean yeah, they were rushing for the bus and everything but i had specifically told her that i was waiting for them at PS. Would i just go off without them? No, that's not the kind of person I am, and she knows it.
Then after that when I met her she gave me this really chirpy looking face and when I started ranting about how pissed I was, she just went on about how innocent she was and that she was not at fault.
You know, i wouldn't have been so pissed if she had acted really remorseful and just said a simple apology. But no, she was being all defensive and giving me the oh-i-didn't-do-anything-why-are-you-overreacting attitude.
And she had to add that i kept her on the phone for longer than a minute and because she never does that for anyone, not even her parents, she had reason to be angry with me.
Like whatever man.
Seriously. I'm not a hard person to appease.
One simple remorseful look and a "sorry" would have made me feel better instantly.
I would have realised that everyone makes mistakes and hey, let's move on.
But when ppl act like they've done nothing wrong, it just aggravates me.
And I also have to admit, i guess i was more pissed also due to the fact that she's my close friend.
I mean, when someone's close to you, you just tend to expect more out of them don't you?
And you feel more hurt and angry when they do something like that because you know that they know what annoys you and they still do it.
And just thinking of speech day doesn't help her case either.
I waited like an idiot for her for about half an hour and got into deep shit for it.
And today, she couldn't even make a simple call.
I don't know if I should publish this post but anyway, let's move on to the lighter side of the day.
After we got over our "husband and wife" squabble (according to Amitha that's what we are) we got into the mood of asking for donations!
Wee. It felt really good to finish those 3 booklets.
And lunch was pretty good, I have to admit. Though it wasn't worth my 5 bucks. Hmph. Rip off my money only.
Then after that we said goodbye to Amitha because she was off to meet her ginger-haired, skinny friend called Jonathan from America. Oooo. She was going out with him and his brother. *wiggles eyebrows suggestively*
Hehe.
Then me and soef went to watch Lake House!
HEY, it's really nice! So romantic.
It's also really really unrealistic, but hey, X-Men is as well and no one's complaining right?
The plot's a bit confusing at first but after a while everything kinda clicks into place.
I loved it! So sweet. Sandra Bullock looks really good in it too.
Wait, then again, she looks really good all the time.
And me and soef shared nachos and a drink.
I like nachos!! the cheese wasn't enough though, I'm gonna demand for more cheese the next time i buy nachos from lido. Serious! Don't give me that disbelieving stare!
Alright Sakina, its time to stop having a conversation with yourself.
Wait....did I just do that again?
Oh forget it.
Goodnight world!
I feel satisfied with myself today. That's a nice feeling. (=
P.S. Soefie I still love you so if you read this, don't feel hurt or angry or whatever. I just needed an outlet to rant, and well, this is my online diary after all. Technology is BAD (no offence to you, my dear nano!).

Comments

Popular Posts