It's complicated

In light of recent events, and seeing as this blog is in no way private (though i've left it abandoned and desolate for so long no one probably bothers to check anymore), I think some of the songs in Avril Lavigne's first album pretty much adds up what I'm feeling. I know this is really unexpectedly random and emo but I can't help it. I've been experiencing a kind of turmoil of emotions over the past few weeks and just when I thought things were fine again, they kind of hit you right back in the face, leaving you dastardly confused.
Confused, confusion, confused. My word of the day.
I wish I had never let things escalate up to the point it has reached now, where everything has become a little complicated. And I can't deal with it. Not with everything else that's going on.


"Complicated"
Uh huh, life's like this
Uh huh, uh huh, that's the way it is
Cause life's like this
Uh huh, uh huh that's the way it is
Chill out whatcha yelling' for?
Laid back it's all been done before
And if you could only let it be you will see

I like you the way you are
When we're drivin' in your car
and you're talking to me one on one but you've become
Somebody else round everyone else
You're watching your back like you can't relax
You're tryin' to be cool you look like a fool to me
Tell me

Why do you have to go and make things so complicated?
I see the way you're acting like you're somebody else gets me frustrated
Life's like this you
And you fall and you crawl and you break and you take what you get and you turn it into honesty
and promise me I'm never gonna find you fake it
no no no

Ok the rest of the song is basically repetitive and the chorus is all that's relevant anyway. La la la.

"Tomorrow"

And I wanna believe you,
When you tell me that it'll be ok,
Ya I try to believe you,
But I don't
When you say that it's gonna be,
It always turns out to be a different way,
I try to believe you,
Not today, today, today, today, today...

[Chorus:]I don't know how I'll feel,
tomorrow, tomorrow,
I don't know what to say,
tomorrow, tomorrow
Is a different day

It's always been up to you,
It's turning around,
It's up to me,
I'm gonna do what I have to do,
just don't

Gimme a little time,
Leave me alone a little while,
Maybe it's not too late,
not today, today, today, today, today...

[Chorus]

Comments

Popular Posts